Chef: Jeff Tritten
Makes: 2-3 Servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 55 min
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 2 ½ c low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 c organic farro
- 1 can organic beans (white, garbanzo, others OK)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes drained (1 ½ for fresh tomatoes)
- 1 c fresh spinach
- ¼ c fresh basil (save a bit to garnish)
- 1 t oregano
- ½ t fennel seed
- ½ t dried Rosemary
- ¼ t red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add 2/3 c vegetable broth, garlic and onions-sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add farro and all spices, bring to boil and simmer 25 min.
- Add all other ingredients and heat until spinach is cooked and beans are hot. Depending on liquid content, it could take a few extra min. Simmer until liquids are absorbed.
- This is what it will look like when it is almost done cooking. If you need to drain off a little liquid, that is okay. Just continue simmering.
Jeff Tritten is a respectful plant-based advocate. He owns 'Respectful Living', a blog located at ARespectfulLife.com, and spends his time creating recipes, writing plant based nutritional information articles, being a small group leader for PBNSG.org, bringing plant based nutritional information to his local community at their farmers market and senior center, and creating a healthy vegan snack line. Also find him on https://www.facebook.com/ARespectfulLife/, https://www.instagram.com/respectfulliving1/,
https://twitter.com/respectfullivin, https://www.pinterest.com/MindfulLife1/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/respectful-living-74871b13a/.