PS Apple Fennel Summer Salad
Chef: Cathy Katin-Grazzini
Makes: 3-4 Servings
Prep Time: 30 min
- ½ c dried unsulphured apricots
- 1 organic lime, zested and juiced (added AFTER preventing oxidation of apple slices)
- 1 med-lg fennel bulb w/ a few fronds, slivered
- 1 sm yellow & 2 sm orange organic carrots, slivered
- 3-4 French radishes, slivered
- 1 organic Fuji apple, sliced
- ¼ c green Lebanese olive or similar
- 2 T shelled unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
- ¼ c purple-podded sweet peas, shelled
- 1 scallion slivered on its bias
- Make apricot paste by covering apricots with boiling water, or microwave 1 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Blend apricots & soaking water until smooth scraping down sides as needed. Add 1-2 t of water in order to accomplish a jam-like consistency.
- Zest and juice the lime and set aside.
- To make the dressing, drain the apples from the lime juice & whisk it with sufficient apricot paste to suit your taste.
- Core and slice apple and cover with lime juice and zest to prevent oxidation of slices.
- Using a mandolin on fine setting, slice fennel radishes and carrots into tender slivers.
- After removing lime juice, add apple slices to the vegetable slivers.
- Drizzle apricot paste lime juice dressing.
- Mix to showcase all the textures & brilliant colors.
- Garnish with peas and olive on top.
Cathy Katin-Gazzini, a seasoned plant-based nutritional coach and chef, teaches the profound health benefits of plant-based nutrition, without oil, by working with patients to prevent, treat and often reverse their chronic disease conditions through lifestyle counseling, group immersion programs and her empowering cooking classes. Visit Cathy at cathyskitchenprescription.com, https://www.facebook.com/cathyskitchenprescription/, https://twitter.com/CathysKitchenRx and https://www.instagram.com/cathyskitchenprescription.