Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach; Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: For rice 20-45 minutes depending on type of rice
Total Time: 25-50 minutes
- 3 c cooked brown rice
- 2 ½ c coconut milk
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- (1/3 c date paste can be used)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla
- Mix together all ingredients in a heavy saucepan, and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Immediately reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the rice is soft and creamy.
- Remove cover and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes, until apples are just about tender.
- Turn off heat and allow to rest briefly.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.