Chef: Lauren Bernick; Wellelephant.com
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Spaghetti Squash (vary dramatically in size; the larger the squash the more servings and longer cook time).
- Bottled organic BBQ Sauce (I used Annies or you can use your own PP sauce)
- Oil Free Buns (I used Ezekiel)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a spaghetti squash in half length-wise and scoop the seeds out.
- Roast the squash halves in the oven for about 40 minutes or until tender.
- (Squish the skin with oven mitt and if middle pushes out into “spaghetti strips” you know it’s ready)
- Let it cool for a few minutes before you attempt to scrape the insides out. It will still be hot so use an oven mitt.
- Take a fork and work the strands of squash out into a bowl or colander.
- Blot with paper towels to remove the excess water that naturally arises from cooking the squash.
- Place the spaghetti squash and BBQ sauces in a pot on the stove. (Put just enough to coat the squash, stir until sauce is heated.)
- Toast the buns and top with your favorite BBQ condiments such as caramelized onions and jalapenos.
“No one can become a well-balanced herbivore on their own...we need the support of our "herd."” Learn more about Lauren at Wellelephant.com , https://www.instagram.com/laurenbernick_well_elephant/ and https://www.facebook.com/WellElephant/ , where she shares her recipes, menus, resource and videos to help support each of us to health.