Chef: Denise Kling-Pelto
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 can or 2 c of chickpeas/garbanzo bean w/ some aqua fava (juice naturally that stays after draining; about 1 t)
- 1 T organic tomato paste
- 1 t-T fresh chili paste
- 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 T spicy brown mustard
- 1 clove of peeled garlic
- Place the lemon, tomato paste, mustard, garlic clove and chickpeas in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite veggies.
- Great spread for any whole plant based veggie sandwich.
- I use the bit of aqua fava to make the garlic creamier. It mimic the tahini smoothness without all the fat.
- Don’t use chili paste if you don’t like heat.
- Play with recipe and add your favorites; bbq, pesto, etc.
PBNSG’s “Culinary Curator”, Denise teaches many of the Transitions Classes and makes the contacts with chefs from the United States and around the world. With her partner, Debby Knight Jones, she teaches and presents at multiple venues around the area.