Chef: Terri Edwards; EatPlant-Based.com
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 lb whole grain pasta (fettuccine or Penne work well)
- ¼ c veggie broth or water
- 1 c onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb mushroom of choice (Portobello, button or others)
- 1 t rosemary
- 1 t thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c dry white wine
- 2 c Tofu Sour Cream (see below)
- 1 T fresh chopped parsley or flakes
Tofu Sour Cream
- 1 pkg tofu, firm
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T vinegar (red wine or apple cider work well)
- 1 clove garlic minced (approx. 1 t)
- ¼ t salt, to taste
- Begin by putting pasta on to cook according to package directions. While this is cooking start the mushroom stroganoff.
- In large skillet, sauté diced onion in 3 T of veggie broth or water approximately 5 min or until tender. (Add more veggie broth, 1 T at a time, if needed to keep from sticking.)
- Add minced garlic, and cook another minute, adding more veggie broth if needed.
- Stir in mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, salt/pepper and dry white wine. Cook on medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- While this is cooking, make tofu sour cream in blender. (directions below)
- Drain cooked pasta and set to the side.
- Add tofu sour cream to stroganoff mixture, along with cooked pasta. Stir well.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Tofu Sour Cream (makes approximately 1 pint; 2c)
- Open tofu container and drain water.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy, scraping down sides of blender as needed.
- Tofu Sour Cream can also be served on baked potatoes, tacos or enchiladas.
- Sour Cream keeps in the refrigerator about 10 days.
TERRI EDWARDS is a Licensed Food for Life Instructor and Educator. Connect with Terri at her blog EatPlant-Based.com & blog.eatplant-based.com for her latest recipes and plant-based living tips. Follow her on FaceBook at (https://www.facebook.com/EatPlantBased/ )