PP Curried Cauliflower Stew Over Brown Rice
Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 15-20 min
Cook Time: 15-20 min
Total Time: 30-40 min
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 ½ c vegetable broth
- ½ c water
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 8 oz frozen green beans
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ T curry powder
- 2 t kosher salt (generous), or to taste
- ½ t smoked paprika
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, dry sauté onions for about five minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add a splash of the water, if needed. Once translucent, add garlic, and continue to sauté for 30 seconds.
- Toss the remainder of the ingredients into the pot and stir well.
- Bring the stew to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Ladle over brown rice.
- Use an immersion blender to create a slightly creamier texture, if desired. Serve hot, over steamed brown rice or mashed potatoes.
- This stew would be great over potatoes, too!
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.