Chef: Laura Theodore, The Jazzy Vegetarian
Makes: 10 to 12 Truffles
Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus 1 hr refrigeration
- 9 lg Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1/4 c raw unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Unbleached parchment paper to line pan
- Put the dates, raisins, coconut and maple syrup in a high-performance blending appliance and process to the consistency of soft dough.
- Transfer the date mixture to a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, spoon out a heaping T of the date mixture, and roll it into a ball.
- Continue in this manner to form 10 to 12 truffle balls.
- Put the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder until coated and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hr.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Truffles will keep up to 3 days.
With her love for good food, compassion for animals and enthusiasm for great music, multi-talented author, Laura Theodore, truly is the Jazzy Vegetarian. Experience the JazzyVegetarian @ www.jazzyvegetarian.com, www.lauratheodore.com, www.vegan-ease.com
Streaming Online Television Channel: www.jazzyvegetariantv.com
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/JazzyVegetarian/