Chef: Jeff Tritten; ARespectfulLiving.com
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 14 oz can Heart of Palm, cut into rounds
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 15 os can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 medium radishes, diced
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium red or yellow onion, diced
- 1/8 c fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 t sesame seeds (optional, PS, not PP, if used)
- 1 15 oz can Mandarin oranges ( or 1 ½ c fresh mandarin oranges with 1 c water)
- ¼ c green onions
- 1 t ginger freshly grated
- 1 t orange zest freshly grated
- 2 T low sodium Tamari
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 T date sugar (or 1 T brown sugar)
- 1 T brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 t sesame seeds (optional, PS, not PP, if used)
- 2 t arrow root
- Cut Hearts of Palm, into rounds
- Remove “woody” outer layer of artichoke hearts and roughly chop
- Dice radishes, onion, yellow and red peppers
- Finely chop parsley
- Combine all ingredients
- Combine mandarin oranges, green onion, ginger, orange zest, Tamari, date sugar, brown rice syrup and 1 t sesame seeds (if using) in blender and puree.
- Dump contents from blender into a non-stick pan.
- Add additional sesame seeds (if using) and simmer on medium heat for 15 min.
- Whisk 2 t arrow root with 2 T water together and add to simmering sauce.
- Whisk gently until mixture thickens.
- Place cooked and thickened dressing in a container to chill for use on salad.
- Gently mix salad and cooled dressing together and serve.
- You can use “hot” dressing in vegan dishes of your choice.
Jeff Tritten is a respectful plant-based advocate. He owns 'Respectful Living', a blog located at ARespectfulLife.com, and spends his time creating recipes, writing plant based nutritional information articles, being a small group leader for PBNSG.org, bringing plant based nutritional information to his local community at their farmers market and senior center, and creating a healthy vegan snack line. Also find him on https://www.facebook.com/ARespectfulLife/, https://www.instagram.com/respectfulliving1/,
https://twitter.com/respectfullivin, https://www.pinterest.com/MindfulLife1/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/respectful-living-74871b13a/.