Chef: Jeff Tritten, ARespectfullife.com
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ¼ c Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 t lime juice (for deglazing pan)
- 1 t ground cumin
- ¾ t chili powder
- 1 t oregano
- ½ t black pepper
- ¼ t cayenne pepper (Optional; use if you want it spicy)
- salt to taste (Optional)
- In a non-stick pan, steam cubed sweet potatoes on medium-high heat with a little bit of water for 8-10 min until soft (but not mushy and set aside.
- Sauté cilantro, onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Deglaze pan with lime juice.
- Add ALL ingredients together, stir in spices and heat on medium heat until hot. About 15 min.
- I usually wait a few minutes to add the black beans so they do not get mushy.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, lettuce wraps or on salad greens.
Jeff Tritten is a respectful plant-based advocate. He owns 'Respectful Living', a blog located at ARespectfulLife.com, and spends his time creating recipes, writing plant based nutritional information articles, being a small group leader for PBNSG.org, bringing plant based nutritional information to his local community at their farmers market and senior center, and creating a healthy vegan snack line. Also find him on https://www.facebook.com/ARespectfulLife/, https://www.instagram.com/respectfulliving1/,
https://twitter.com/respectfullivin, https://www.pinterest.com/MindfulLife1/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/respectful-living-74871b13a/.