Chef: Jeff Tritten; A RespectfulLife.com
Makes: 4 Servings (Enough for 1 16 oz pkg of tofu or tempeh)
Prep Time: 5 minutes (to make Marinade) 10 min each side (for marinating)
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min (Making marinade, marinating & baking)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ¼ c low sodium tamari (or low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 1 T ginger, freshly grated
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 t ground cumin
To flavor & marinate
- 1 16 oz pkg Extra Firm Tofu or Tempeh
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together.
- Place in a 9 x9 or pie pan.
Tofu or Tempeh
- Preheat oven 300 degrees F
- Slice into ¼“ strips
- Place Tofu or Tempeh into marinade, let soak up marinade for 10 minutes, flip.
- Spoon the marinade over the other side of Tofu or Tempeh, let sit an additional 10 minutes.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Tofu will brown and puff up, Tempeh will brown.
- You can use hot-out-of-the-oven Tofu/Tempeh immediately for a sandwich.
- You can cool Tofu/Tempeh, and then use in a sandwich or stir fry, too.
Jeff Tritten is a respectful plant-based advocate. He owns 'Respectful Living', a blog located at ARespectfulLife.com, and spends his time creating recipes, writing plant based nutritional information articles, being a small group leader for PBNSG.org, bringing plant based nutritional information to his local community at their farmers market and senior center, and creating a healthy vegan snack line. Also find him on https://www.facebook.com/ARespectfulLife/, https://www.instagram.com/respectfulliving1/,
https://twitter.com/respectfullivin, https://www.pinterest.com/MindfulLife1/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/respectful-living-74871b13a/.