Chef: Jeff Tritten
Makes: 3 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 16 min
Total Time: 31 min
- 2 ½ c oats (Oatmeal)
- 2 medium Bananas, Ripe
- 1 ½ c nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 t baking powder
- ¾ t cinnamon
- 1 T brown rice syrup (maple okay)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Garnish with fruit & or slivered almonds (PS if using almonds(
- Add oat to food processor, blend on medium until oats turn into oat flour.
- Add all ingredients into food processor and blend until mixed thoroughly and is a batter.
- Let batter stand at least 10 min in order for oats to absorb liquids.
- Using a good non-stick pan – turn on medium heat. If you have a good pan no oil is necessary. Esselstyne says if needed, you can use cooking spray and wipe out the excess.
- Use ¼ scoop per pancake.
- Do not cook pancakes on more than medium heat! These pancakes are dense and it takes a little while for the oats to cook.
- If your stove top cooks hot, you are better off turning it down a little and being patient.
Jeff Tritten is a respectful plant-based advocate. He owns 'Respectful Living', a blog located at ARespectfulLife.com, and spends his time creating recipes, writing plant based nutritional information articles, being a small group leader for PBNSG.org, bringing plant based nutritional information to his local community at their farmers market and senior center, and creating a healthy vegan snack line. Also find him on https://www.facebook.com/ARespectfulLife/, https://www.instagram.com/respectfulliving1/,
https://twitter.com/respectfullivin, https://www.pinterest.com/MindfulLife1/, https://www.linkedin.com/in/respectful-living-74871b13a/.