Chef: Marla Rose, Vegan Street
Makes: 1-2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 6 T aquafaba (I used chickpea water)
- ½ t cream of tartar
- ¼ c organic sugar
- 6 T lingonberry or your favorite fruit spread (Lingonberry is traditional)
- ½ t pure vanilla extract
- In a mixer, add your aquafaba and cream of tartar and beat on high for two minutes using the whisk attachment.
- One T at a time over about five minutes, add the sugar and jam/spread until fluffy incorporated.
- Add vanilla, beat on high.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- When all are added, beat for another minute or two until you have one big bowl or two smaller bowls of fluff.
*Trollkrem, literally Troll Cream, a Norwegian mousse-like dessert that somehow is supposed to evoke trolls!
Marla Rose and John Beske hatched the idea for the original VeganStreet.com in 1997. Vegan Street conveyed the sense of community and spirit of optimism they felt about compassionate living. Through combining their convictions about veganism with their passions for writing, communications and the arts, they began to carve out their perfect vehicle to express it with -- VeganStreet.com.