Chef: Lisa Franzino; Kailo Nutrition
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 45 (You will need a dehydrator)
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 zucchini, skin peeled and discarded; peel with potato peeler
- 2 c purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 c green cabbage, shredded
- 2 c small broccoli florets
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh thai basil, chopped
- 1/4 c fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 T tamari
- 1 t maple syrup
- ¼ c peanut or almond butter
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped or crushed
- 2 t ginger, peeled
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T tamari
- 1 t RAW tahini
- 1 t maple syrup or 1 date
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t hot sauce or ½ jalapeno (optional)
- Whisk the orange juice, tamari and maple syrup pour over all of the cut vegetables (not the cilantro and basil). Mix well. Marinate in the dehydrator for 30 minutes while you prepare the peanut sauce.
- For the peanut sauce, put all of the ingredients except the tahini in the VitaMix and process until smooth. Add the tahini and blend again. Add water as needed for desired consistency.
- Remove vegetables from dehydrator and toss. Portion into individual bowls. Drizzle about a teaspoon of peanut sauce over vegetables and top with cilantro and basil.
- Use as the stuffing in a collard over rice paper (not raw) wrap.
- Add baked tofu and rice noodles to vegetables (not raw).
Chef Lisa Franzino, Director of "Culinary Empowerment", in concert with founder Heather Borders, the "Chief Empowerment Officer" at Kailo Nutrition, teach Floridians to empower their health with a plant based lifestyle. Visit them at Kailonutrition.com