Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, chopped into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 c water (or more, if needed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of cayenne pepper or creole seasoning, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place vegetables in a nonstick roasting pan with 1/4 cup water. Add the seasoning and combine gently.
- Roast uncovered for 20 minutes, then stir gently, and add another splash of water (1/4 cup or more) if needed. Continue to roast for another 20 minutes, or until very tender.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.