Chefs: Alena & Lars Schowalter; Nutriciously.com
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c white mushrooms sliced
- 1 c risotto rice (Arborio)
- 2-3 c vegetable broth
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 c peas, frozen
- 1 c soy milk
- ½ c leek, chopped
- 1 t salt
- ½ t black pepper
- 2 t Herbs de Provence (French herb blend widely available)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (Optional)
- In a large pan, sauté onions, garlic and herbs for a few minutes, adding some vegetable broth if needed.
- Add the mushrooms and leek, letting everything heat up for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and 2 c of veggie broth into the pan as well as vinegar and the c of soy milk.
- Let everything simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until liquid is soaked up, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, add in the peas, nutritional yeast and lemon juice for just a few minutes.
- Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley if you like.
Hailing from Germany, Alena & Lars are our first “International Chefs”! You can find more healthy & delicious oil-free, whole food plant-based recipes at https://nutriciously.com where we provide you with useful tips on how to transition to a healthy vegan diet, jumpstart your health with actionable steps, and finally lose some pounds without starving yourself! Be sure to say "Hi" on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nutriciously or Twitter, https://twitter.com/nutriciously and get your daily dose of inspiration.