PP Seitan Piccata
Chef: Laura Theodore; The Jazzy Vegetarian
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 16 oz low fat seitan, drained and sliced or cubed
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 1 t all-purpose seasoning blend
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large lemon, sliced in half
- 2 T capers, drained and rinsed
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Put the seitan, vegetable broth, all-purpose seasoning and cayenne pepper in a large skillet. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze 11⁄2 to 2 t juice from half the lemon. Cut the remaining lemon half into 4 wedges and set aside.
- Add 1 t of the lemon juice and the capers to the skillet. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and add more lemon juice, if desired. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon over cooked rice, pasta or quinoa. Garnish with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge on the side.
With her love for good food, compassion for animals and enthusiasm for great music, multi-talented author, Laura Theodore, truly is the Jazzy Vegetarian. Experience the JazzyVegetarian @ www.jazzyvegetarian.com, www.lauratheodore.com, www.vegan-ease.com
Streaming Online Television Channel: www.jazzyvegetariantv.com
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/JazzyVegetarian/