PS The Real-Deal Veggie Burger
Chef: Jessica Meyers Altman; GardenFreshFoodie.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 c cubed sweet potato, cubed and cooked until tender (can use white potato if desired)
- ½ c fresh or frozen peas, if frozen, thaw
- 2 c of cauliflower cut into small florets
- ¼ c green onions
- 1 T garam masala
- ½ c almond meal (can use ½ c whole almonds and grind in processor or Vitamix)
- 3 T red onion, chopped
- 3 T parsley or basil, minced
- ¼ c roasted red pepper (1/2 red pepper-or use raw-if so, then add to food processor)
- ¼ t black pepper
- ¼ t kosher/sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the potato in boiling water until knife tender
- Add cauliflower to food processor and pulse until it looks rice like. Add in potato, then peas, garam masala, salt, pepper and red onion; pulse. Add in almond meal and check for consistency (should bind together)
- Stir in red pepper, green onion and parsley
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or use Silpat (high temp silicone sheet)
- Using a 1/3 c, scoop out and create burgers. Ours made 7. You can use the back of the measuring cup to slightly flatten the burgers.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve a top a salad or on a roll/gluten free bread add a garlicky dill.
- Top with a mango chutney, avocado (only if PS) or our garden fresh.
Jessica Meyers Altman; Garden Fresh Foodie
Associate Professor of Whole Food Nutrition & Living
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Garden Fresh Foodie blog: www.gardenfreshfoodie.com