Chef: Will Kriski/Potato Strong
Makes: About 30
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 c chickpea flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t salt (optional)
- 2 t garam masala
- ½ t turmeric
- ½ t crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ t cumin
- 2 crushed garlic cloves or ½ t garlic powder
- 1 c water, later another ½ c
- ½ c peas
- 1 potato (I used Yukon Gold or you can use Red) grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 onion diced or minced
- 3 c diced cauliflower
- Preheat oven 450 to 500 degrees
- Line pan with Silpat or high temperature parchment paper
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Stir in 1 c of water and mix well.
- Add ½ c peas, stir
- Add potato, stir
- Add carrot, stir
- Add onion, stir
- Add 3c diced cauliflower. Use up to ½ cup of water to make sure all ingredients are covered by the mixture. Consistency should be like a thick pancake or drop cookie batter.
- Spoon onto Silpat (high temperature silicone sheet) or high temperature resistant parchment paper placed on a large cookie sheet pan.
- Place in oven. After 10 minutes, carefully turn over.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a ketchup, tomato paste dip complimented by your favorite Indian spices or mixture.
To see more simple, quick & no-oil-starch-based recipes along with healthy weight loss advice, visit Will Kriski’s site www.potatostrong.com