Chef: Vicki Brett Gach
Makes: 1-3 servings
Prep: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
Total Time: 15-17 minutes
- 1 or 2 potatoes, scrubbed and trimmed
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- sauce for dipping (optional)
- Microwave (or bake) potatoes, and allow to cool to at least room temperature.
- Slice potatoes in half, and each half into quarters, lengthwise, so that you have 8 wedges from each potato. Follow instructions for your air fryer. Mine (Phillips) usually takes around 12 to 14 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Once the potatoes are golden and crispy, carefully remove from air fryer, season with salt and pepper, and serve (if desired) with ketchup, or with a mixture of unsweetened nondairy yogurt, hot sauce, and green salsa (pictured above).
Note: JL Fields, who wrote the book on air fryers, literally. JL is an air frying expert, and author of the best-selling The Vegan Air Fryer: The Healthier Way to Enjoy Deep-Fried Flavors . Until you experience this firsthand, you won’t believe how crunchy these are – and especially while using no oil, no oil, no oil!
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.