Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced or minced
- 3 - 4 small potatoes, cut in bite-sized cubes
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 ½ c red lentils
- 1 T smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute the onions in a small amount of water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until soft.
- Add green peppers and carrots and saute until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and saute for a couple more minutes
- Stin in the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet