Chef: Laura Theodore; The Jazzy Vegetarian
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 c vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- 1/4 c plus 2 T unsweetened almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Steam the cauliflower florets for about 20 minutes until tender.
- Put the florets, vegetable broth, almond milk, ground cumin, sea salt, and pepper in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add more broth or nondairy milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Pour into a medium saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often, until heated through.
- Serve piping hot.
NOTE: After the soup is blended it may be cooled thoroughly, packed in a tightly sealed container, and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. To serve, pour into a medium saucepan, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring often, until heated thoroughly.
With her love for good food, compassion for animals and enthusiasm for great music, multi-talented author, Laura Theodore, truly is the Jazzy Vegetarian. Experience the JazzyVegetarian @ www.jazzyvegetarian.com, www.lauratheodore.com, www.vegan-ease.com
Streaming Online Television Channel: www.jazzyvegetariantv.com
Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/JazzyVegetarian/