Chef: Jessica Meyer Altman; Garden Fresh Foodie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 6 c of edamame
- 4 c of corn kernels, fresh is best, but frozen is fine (just defrost)
- 2 c of medium diced peppers – we use 1 red and 1 orange
- 1 c chopped scallions
- ½ c chopped parsley
- 3 T fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
Summer Herb Dressing
- ½ c apple cider vinegar
- ½ c fresh basil
- 2 T fresh or 1 t dried dill
- 3 T fresh parsley
- 2 T of sweetener of choice-maple syrup, date paste-if desired, you can omit to have no added sugars
- Pinch sea salt (or to taste), about ½ t
- Freshly ground pepper or to taste
- Water to thin if desired (we didn’t)
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a blender, taste to season.
- Blanch edamame in boil water until they turn bright green and soften slightly. Drain.
- If using frozen corn, defrost. Toss remaining ingredients into a bowl and added as much dressing as you feel you need.
- Season to taste and serve as a salad topper or as a side dish. This would also be great on top of a baked sweet potato! In the picture below, I show it with my home-grown sprouts, Red Cabbage Slaw, and Buckwheat Tabbouleh.
Jessica Meyers Altman; Garden Fresh Foodie
Associate Professor of Whole Food Nutrition & Living
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Garden Fresh Foodie blog: www.gardenfreshfoodie.com