PP Colorful Southwest Salad
Chef: Brandi Doming; Vegan 8
Makes: 2-4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 huge red bell pepper or 2 small ones, finely chopped (200 g, you’ll need about 2 c chopped)
- 1 ¼ c pre-cooked corn (I just use frozen)
- 2 15 oz cans low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c fresh lime juice (about 4-5 limes, make sure to measure)
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 t chili powder
- ½ t ground cumin
- 1/8 t fine sea salt
- 1 avocado chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped bell pepper to one of the pans and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the corn out on the second pan.
- Put the bell peppers on the middle rack and the corn on the bottom rack. Roast for 10 minutes.
- This is just enough to give them some flavor and soften them, but still retain firmness.
- While the veggies are roasting, drain and rinse the beans and warm them up.
- Next, prepare your lime sauce by combining the lime juice, syrup, chili powder, cumin and salt; whisk well.
- Add to a small pan over the stove over medium-low heat. Cook for just a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Once the veggies are done from the oven, add them to large serving bowl.
- Add the beans and pour the lime sauce over and toss to coat everything evenly.
- Chop your avocado and add last, right before serving.
- Citrus flavor gives a wonderful flavor to this salad; so hardly any salt is needed.
- But taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- I sprinkle more chili powder and just a pinch of salt.
- If serving this as a main meal, it will probably only be enough for 2 servings, but as a side dish, it will be good for 4.
- We’ve eaten this as a salad and also added it as a filling inside tacos with my Mexican Tahini Sauce. YUM.
- This salad is delicious both chilled and warm.
Follow BRANDI @ http://thevegan8.com/ You’ll find lots of baked goods here, as I’ve been a baker all my life, it’s my passion! Hope you love the recipes! Share remarks on Instagram , tag me @thevegan8 and be sure to use my tag #thevegan8 or share them on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheVegan8/