Chef: Marla Rose; Vegan Street
Makes: 2 generous servings
Prep: 5 minutes
- 2 large frozen bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon organic, Fair Trade Vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- Put your frozen banana pieces in your food processor and pulse until it is crumbly. For me, this takes about 20 pulses.
- Add the frozen cherries, chocolate chips, and vanilla, pulsing some more until it becomes integrated.
- You will likely need to remove the top of your food processor at various points and stir to separate as it gathers in one big lump as it processes.
- Add the amount of milk you need to get the creamy texture you want.
Spoon out, serve and enjoy!
Marla Rose and John Beske hatched the idea for the original VeganStreet.com in 1997. Vegan Street conveyed the sense of community and spirit of optimism they felt about compassionate living. Through combining their convictions about veganism with their passions for writing, communications and the arts, they began to carve out their perfect vehicle to express it with -- VeganStreet.com.