Chef: Debra Walter
Makes: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes veggies/20 minutes quinoa
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 6 c vegetables, washed and cut into bite size pieces (I use carrots, celery, red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, pea pods, sugar snap peas, zucchini, onions)
- Shoyu and gomasio* to taste
- 1 ½ c quinoa
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions; when finished cooking, turn off heat, but leave covered.
- While quinoa is cooking, in a large saute pan, pour in ¼ c water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- When the liquid is boiling, add the vegetables and stir fry for 6 minutes or until everything is crisp tender.
- If the broccoli isn’t soft add a tablespoon of water and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Splash with shoyu and gomasio to taste.
- Serve stir fry over the quinoa.
*Gomasio is a dry condiment of sea salt and sesame seeds, toasted and ground.
Debra Walter, who has lived a vegetarian/vegan/gluten free for more than 30 years, is passionate about baking and cooking. She would love to answer your questions or tell you about her personal chef services at firstname.lastname@example.org.