Chef: Del Sroufe
Makes: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, or 3 c cooked black beans
- 1 (12 os) bag frozen corn, thawed, or 2 c fresh corn
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced (*see Tip)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 t ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Chef Del Sroufe teaches cooking classes at local venues like Whole Foods, Community Recreation Centers, and The Wellness Forum. Sroufe is the author of The China Study: Quick & Easy Cookbook, The China Study Family Cookbook, Better Than Vegan, and Forks Over Knives—The Cookbook, a vegan cookbook companion to the acclaimed documentary Forks Over Knives. Learn more at www.chefdelsroufe.com.