Chef: Chuck Underwood; Brand New Vegan
Makes: 20-30 Appetizers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 10-15 small baby potatoes
- 15 oz can chickpeas (with reserved juice)
- 4 T reserved bean juice
- 2-3 T Lemon Juice
- 2 lg Garlic Cloves
- 1 T Dijion Mustard (or more depending on your taste)
- ¼ t turmeric
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes and slice in half.
- Lay evenly, cut side up, on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the juice, and rinse.
- Add chickpeas to blender along with garlic, lemon juice, mustard and spices.
- Pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Add bean juice – 1 T at a time- until desired consistency.
- Add more lemon juice and/or mustard to taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once potatoes are finished baking, allow to cool, and then carefully scoop out the middles.
- Save the potato middles, or eat them, or add them to your hummus.
- More juice may be needed if you add potatoes to hummus.
- Using a pastry bag, (ZipLock bag), fill hollowed out potatoes with hummus.
- Garnish with paprika and serve.