Herb Crusted Pizza Dough
Chef: Chuck Underwood
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 c warm water
- 1 T sugar
- 2 ¼ t Active Dry Yeast
- 1 t salt
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- ¼ t garlic powder
- 2 ½ c Bread Flour (you can sub up to 2 c with Whole Wheat)
- Mix warm water and sugar together and add yeast.
- Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and seasonings and mix well.
- Add flour and mix until a dough ball forms.
- Knead with stand mixer for 5 minutes or by hand for 15 minutes.
- Dough will be ready when it pulls away from sides or becomes soft and elastic.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and a towel and allow to rise in warm oven for 60 minutes.
- Punch down and form into a tight ball.
- Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Stretch dough to fit pizza pan and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven with the dough to 500 degrees.
- After 5 minutes, remove pizza dough and add sauce and toppings.
- Bake in 500 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Finish on preheated pizza stone for 1 minutes if desired.