PP Pasta Veggie Entree
Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 2 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes (If using uncooked rice, add an additional 40 minutes)
- 3 c black or brown rice, cooked
- 2 handfuls of raw spinach
- ½ can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 sweet potato (purple or orange)
- 1 c corn kernels
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- ¼ t coriander
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t black pepper
- ¼ t salt (optional)
- ¼ t balsamic or wine vinegar
- 1 t soy sauce
- ¼ c soy milk
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
- Peel and slice sweet potato into ¼’ slices.
- Place in pot, add water to cover potato slices, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and cook gently for about 5-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Wash and slice mushrooms, place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes.
- On each plate, place a serving of rice, arranging it in a large circle to cover the bottom of the plate.
- Place a handful of raw spinach on top of the rice and arrange it to lay flat in a circle, leaving an outer edge of rice showing.
- Add cooked mushroom slices around outer edge of rice.
- Add artichoke slices around outside of mushrooms.
- Cut the sweet potato slices in half and arrange them on the inside of the mushroom slices.
- Next to the sweet potatoes, arrange a layer of corn kernels.
- Sprinkle the sauce over all the layers.
- Heat in microwave.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet, Eatlikeyougiveadamn-thebook.com