Chef: Brett Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20-50 minutes
- 4 c butternut squash, carrots, or sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 C water
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 c quinoa, uncooked
- 3 c of water
- 4 c of sliced broccoli (or other fresh vegetables like zucchini or yellow squash)
- dash of water to pan saute
- salt and pepper or lemon juice, to taste (optional)
- Garnish: toasted almonds, and fresh cilantro or parsley (optional; only for PS)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Into a large roasting pan, add the butternut squash, carrots, or sweet potatoes, and onion slices. Season with salt and pepper and a dash of Creole Seasoning.
- Add a 1/2 cup of water to the roasting pan, and roast vegetables uncovered until tender, around 20 – 50 minutes depending on the size.
- While vegetables are oven-roasting, prepare the quinoa according to package instructions, using 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa to 3 cups of water.
- Once the quinoa has been set up to steam, finish the broccoli separately. Steam or pan-saute until the florets turn bright green and are tender-crisp. Turn off the heat, and season to taste.
- Toss all ingredients together.
- Garnish (if desired) and serve immediately.
Vicki Brett-Gach: Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator / Certified Personal Chef
Starch Solution Certified / Forks Over Knives Plant-Based Certified
Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen, LLC
Website and Blog: www.annarborvegankitchen.com