Chef: Patricia Ode
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- One bunch of fresh organic collards
- Sliced tri-color bell peppers(or peppers of choice)
- Sliced zucchini
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced carrot
- Chopped radish
- Chopped green onion
For the Sun Dried Tomato Spread
In a blender
- 1 c raw sesame seeds
- 1 c sundried tomatoes (not kept in oil or preservatives)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves (or as many as you like)
- 2 c water (start here and add what you like for desired consistency)
- Thoroughly wash collards with your hands and scrape any blemishes off. After you have washed, lay your collard dark side down. Using a small and sharp knife, slice the vein down as level to the leaf as possible. This make for easier wrapping and eating.
- Blend Sun Dried Tomato Spread
- With the dark side of the collard still laying flat, spread Sun Dried Tomato mixture on the inside.
- After slicing and chopping your veggies, add a bit of each to start forming your burrito. Layer your veggies towards one side of the wrap and not directly in the middle. Don't be afraid to add a good amount! Fill those babies up!
- Fold the bottom of the collard up and then start to roll. Cut in half.
- You can make your collard burrito with any filling you like! Please feel free to add or take away to suit your taste buds :)
- Sprouts are always a crispy, and nutritious addition.
Patricia Ode: Certified Plant-Based Nutritionist🌱🍌🍉Raw Foodie 🍋 Yogi 🙏 Runner 🏃🏻♀️Rocco 🐶 Wanderlust 🚍Purpose 💜Passion 🙌 Serve others 👫Armenian Lady. Visit her on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/patriciatamaraode?ref=bookmarks and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/patriciatamarao/.