Culinary Enthusiast: Cathi Salach
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 qt. fresh sweet blueberries
- 1-2 T balsamic vinegar
- Put rinsed blueberries in a small sauce pan.
- Over medium high heat let blueberries start to pop open.
- Just when they are starting to look juicy add vinegar.
- Let reduce over a strong simmer for 15 min. or longer.
- The sauce may look too watery but thickens once the heat is turned off.
- Serve warm over your favorite vegetables.
- Served here over baked sweet potatoes and steamed Brussels sprouts.
- Also wonderful over steamed or grilled asparagus and over grilled or roasted peaches.
- I often make my sauce with blueberry balsamic........heavenly.
It's the food! 🍎