Chef: Vicki Brett Gach
Makes: 5-7 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 c of prepared black beans, or one 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 c fresh salsa (or to taste)
- 4 c of raw greens, stems stripped, and leaves rinsed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 c of cooked brown rice (warm)
Optional Garnishes: avocado (Plant Strong only) chopped tomatoes, diced bell peppers, and fresh cilantro or basil
- Heat rinsed black beans in a large saucepan.
- Stir in salsa, and then add the chopped greens. Cover to steam until tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over warm brown rice.
- Garnish with avocado (Plant Strong only) , chopped tomatoes, diced bell peppers, and fresh cilantro or basil.
- You can also serve along with toasted corn tortillas, if desired.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.