Chef: Terri Edwards
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes (This time does NOT include several hours of chilling)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas or 1 ½ cup fresh cooked
- ¼ c water
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 T fresh cilantro
- ½ t basil
- ½ t oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ t smoked paprika
- If using canned chickpeas, drain and rinse in a colander to remove salt and preservatives.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend into a smooth paste. Stop to scrape down the sides of blender when necessary
- Place in airtight bowl and chill several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with fresh cut vegetables, pita bread, or on a sandwiches.
- Keeps 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
TERRI EDWARDS is a Licensed Food for Life Instructor and Educator. Connect with Terri at her blog EatPlant-Based.com & blog.eatplant-based.com for her latest recipes and plant-based living tips. Follow her on FaceBook at (https://www.facebook.com/EatPlantBased/ )