Chef : Marla Rose; VeganStreet.com
Prep Time: 4 minutes
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen overnight or for a few hours
- 1/2 c orange juice (I used orange-peach juice)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor:
- Add the bananas to the food processor and process on pulse until it all gathers up together. Add your liquids and process until everything is integrated.
- Or in a blender:.
- Add the liquids first and then the banana on top of that. Blend until all is combined.
- To make it less orange-y/more creamy, use 1/4 cup of orange juice and 1/4 cup almond milk or vegan creamer.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon and eat that nomminess up.
Marla Rose and John Beske hatched the idea for the original VeganStreet.com in 1997. Vegan Street conveyed the sense of community and spirit of optimism they felt about compassionate living. Through combining their convictions about veganism with their passions for writing, communications and the arts, they began to carve out their perfect vehicle to express it with -- VeganStreet.com.