Chef: Jason Arendt; Greenspace Café
Makes: 3-6 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 white onion, sliced into thick rounds
- 3 c Brussel sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 T vegetable stock
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 c cooked white quinoa
- 1 c cooked lentils
- ½ c dried apricots or dates
- ¼ c walnuts, toasted
- 1 bundle of curly kale, shredded
- 1 T hemp hearts
- ¼ c tahini
- 3-4 T water
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prep your veggies, cauliflower through Brussel sprouts, by rinsing and chopping.
- Toss vegetables with vegetable stock and smoked paprika to evenly coat, then distribute evenly onto the baking pan(s). (Use two pans if you need to ensure even baking-I did.)
- Roast veggies for ~30 minutes, shaking 1-2 times to evenly brown.
- On an additional baking sheet, add your walnuts in an even layer and bake for ~8 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- While your veggies are roasting, prepare quinoa.
- Next, prepare your dressing. To the blender, add ingredients tahini through Himalayan sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding more water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- To assemble your bowl, add a giant handful of shredded kale to a bowl and 1/3 c cooked quinoa to create your base.
- Top the base with 1/3 of the roasted cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, white onion, lentils, toasted walnuts and dried fruit.
- Top the recipe with a sprinkle of hemp hearts and generous pours of Oil-Free Apple Cider Tahini Dressing.
- Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Jason Arendt is now a chef at GreenSpace Cafe. He was born in Detroit and attended Central Michigan University and then the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. He has done advanced training in New York City at Pure Food and Wine, Per Se, Le Bernardine and Candle 79. In Southeast Michigan he has worked at Inn Season Cafe, Cacao Tree and the Sprout House.