PP Baked Potato, Sweet Potato & Zucchini Latkes
Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 20 (3-inch) Latkes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20-22 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 medium russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled, and shredded
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, minced
- 1/4 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with baking (high temp) parchment (or Silpat).
- Place the shredded potatoes, shredded sweet potatoes, shredded zucchini, and minced onion in a large colander in the sink, and allow excess moisture to drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the vegetables in the colander, one handful at a time. Then add the vegetables to the large bowl of seasoned flour. Combine well, making sure all of the vegetables become well coated with flour.
- Scoop out rounded heaping tablespoons of the latke batter, and place on the baking sheets to create 3-inch pancakes. Use a spoon or spatula to flatten evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm with your favorite toppings.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at https://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.