PP Quick Red Lentil Curry Soup
Chef: Laura Theodore; The Jazzy Vegetarian
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr-1 hr 15 minutes
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 c peeled and diced red or white potatoes
- 1 1/2 c sliced carrots
- 1 c red lentils, sorted and thoroughly rinsed (see note)
- 8 oz Cremini or white button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 c filtered or spring water, plus more as needed
- 1/4 t curry powder
- Put all of the ingredients in a medium-sized soup pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, decrease the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the lentils are soft. Add more water, as needed, if the soup becomes too thick as it cooks. Serving piping hot.
- To sort the lentils, spread them out in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Remove any stones, dirt, broken lentils, or other debris. The lentils are now ready to be rinsed and used in your recipe.
- You may sort split peas or dried beans in the manner, too.
With her love for good food, compassion for animals and enthusiasm for great music, multi-talented author, Laura Theodore, truly is the Jazzy Vegetarian. Experience the JazzyVegetarian @ www.jazzyvegetarian.com, www.lauratheodore.com, www.vegan-ease.com
Streaming Online Television Channel: www.jazzyvegetariantv.com
Social Media: https://twitter.com/Jazzyvegetarian, https://www.facebook.com/JazzyVegetarian/