Chef: Laura Theodore; Jazzy Vegetarian
Makes: 6-8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 1/2 c cubed zucchini (cut in 1-11/2 " cubes)
- 2 c chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 2/3 c sliced carrots
- 1 c long-grain brown rice, rinsed
- 1 c green lentils, sorted, cleaned and rinsed
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 c sliced fresh garlic
- 2 lg vegan bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 t reduced sodium tamari
- 10 c filtered or spring water
- 3 c lightly packed, thinly sliced kale
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put the zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, rice, lentils, onion, garlic, bouillon cube and tamari in a large soup pot.
- Pour in the water and stir to combine.
- Cove and cook over medium-low jeat, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes.
- Add the kale, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Add the basil and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the lentils and rice are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot with crusty whole-grain bread and a crisp green salad on the side.
With her love for good food, compassion for animals and enthusiasm for great music, multi-talented author, Laura Theodore, truly is the Jazzy Vegetarian. Experience the JazzyVegetarian @ www.jazzyvegetarian.com, www.lauratheodore.com, www.vegan-ease.com
Streaming Online Television Channel: www.jazzyvegetariantv.com
Social Media: https://twitter.com/Jazzyvegetarian, https://www.facebook.com/JazzyVegetarian/