Chef: Laura Theodore; Jazzy Vegetarian
Makes: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-27 minutes
Total Time: 35-37 minutes
- 3 T flaxseeds
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c fine grind cornmeal
- 1/2 c raw unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powser
- 1/2 c Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c filtered or spring water
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 3 1/2 T freshly squeezed lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a twelve-c standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- Put the flax seeds in a high-performance blending appliance and process into fine flour.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, coconut, baking soda, baking powder and Sucanat (or brown sugar)
- Stir with a dry whisk to combine.
- Stir in the water, maple syrup and lime juice
- Mix just until incorporated.
- Divide the mixture amon the lined muffin cups. Bake for 24-27 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Put the pan on a wire rack.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the pan and cool for about 10 minutes longer.
- Covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator, leftover muffins will keep for about 3 days.
With her love for good food, compassion for animals and enthusiasm for great music, multi-talented author, Laura Theodore, truly is the Jazzy Vegetarian. Experience the JazzyVegetarian @ www.jazzyvegetarian.com, www.lauratheodore.com, www.vegan-ease.com
Streaming Online Television Channel: www.jazzyvegetariantv.com
Social Media: https://twitter.com/Jazzyvegetarian, https://www.facebook.com/JazzyVegetarian/