PS Best Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
Chef: Alena & Lars Schowalter
Makes: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 7-8 oz / 200g dry whole grain macaroni (or any kind of pasta)
- 7-8 oz / 200g broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium sized carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c cashews
- 3/4 c water
- 1/4 c soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 4 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t sea salt
- dash of paprika & cayenne
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, peel the cooked potatoes (maybe the carrot if needed) and chop finely.
- Put in a small pot together with the chopped garlic and onion. Heat up with a little bit of water and let cook until soft enough to blend and the water has almost disappeared.
- Remove pot from stove and put the warm sauce ingredients in a blender jar together with the spices, milk, water, and cashews. Blend cautiously until smooth.
- Chop up the broccoli florets and sauté with water in a non-stick pan until soft but still a little crunchy. Add all ingredients in a bowl, mix thoroughly until everything is coated with the sauce. Enjoy warm!
Hailing from Germany, Alena & Lars are our first “International Chefs”! You can find more healthy & delicious oil-free, whole food plant-based recipes at http://nutriciously.com/ where we provide you with useful tips on how to transition to a healthy vegan diet, jumpstart your health with actionable steps, and finally lose some pounds without starving yourself! Be sure to say "Hi" on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/nutriciously or Twitter, https://twitter.com/nutriciously and get your daily dose of inspiration