Chef: Vicki Brett Gach
Makes: 20 meatloaf cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 minutes to 1 hr 15 minutes
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 package extra low fat firm tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 c cooked lentils
- 1 1/4 c instant oats
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 2 T brown mustard
- 1 1/2 t vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried basil
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- pinch cayenne
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- Soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- dash of onion powder
- kosher salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready 2 muffin pans, lined with parchment paper liners.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the onion, peppers, and celery, and stem saute until soft and caramelized, adding a little water as needed to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mash tofu. Once the vegetables are soft, add them to the bowl, along with all the other ingredients, except the mashed potatoes. Stir ingredients together, combining very well.
- Carefully spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake meatloaf cups 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While meatloaf cups are baking, prepare mashed potatoes.
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a pot of water, and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and continue to simmer until tender.
- Drain potatoes, and mash until creamy with soy milk and seasonings, to taste.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.