Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz. whole grain elbow macaroni
- ¼ c cashews
- ¼ jar roasted red peppers
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t salt
- ½ t onion powder
- ¼ t garlic powder
- 4 T nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ T cornstarch
- 2 c soy milk
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a blender, blend cashews until finely ground.
- Add roasted red peppers, lemon juice, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and cornstarch and blend.
- Add soy milk and blend briefly until combined.
- Transfer sauce to saucepan and cook on medium-low heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over noodles and serve.
For an additional nutritional boost, mix in cooked spinach, mushrooms, or onions.
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet