PP: Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour plus 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 2 large Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, about 8 oz. each
- 1/3 c nondairy milk, plain, unsweetened
- 4 T no-oil added hummus
- 1 c of cooked vegetables, chopped (onions, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)
- 1/2 t hot sauce
- 1/2 t kosher salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare potatoes for baking by washing well, and poking several times with a fork or knife for steam to escape during baking. Bake for approximately one hour, or until fork tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest until cool enough to touch.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise.
- Scoop insides of potatoes into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support.
- Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
- Mash the potato flesh in a bowl along with the remaining ingredients, combining thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture back into the potato shells evenly until each half is rounded and almost overflowing.
- Pop them back into the oven, and bake until heated all the way through, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.
VICKI BRETT-GACH is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator. Connect with Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AnnArborVeganKitchen) and follow her Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen blog at http://annarborvegankitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.