PP: Butternut-Lentil Lettuce Cups
Chef: Katie Mae
Makes: 4 servings (eight 6-oz cups)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 c cooked green lentils (just over 1 c uncooked, takes 20 minutes)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 butternut squash, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T fresh ginger, minced
- 2 t ground coriander
- 1 c water
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ c of cilantro, diced
- In a large pot over medium heat, add onion, butternut squash, garlic, ginger and coriander.
- Cover with lid to keep the moisture released from the veggies in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 c of water and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, or until the squash is tender when poked with a fork.
- Stir in cooked green lentils. Spoon mixture into the butter lettuce leaves. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Stores for 6 days in fridge (lettuce kept separate)
- My favorite way to enjoy this recipe is with a little salsa drizzled over the filled cups.
- Another great topping is my Better Than Sour Cream recipe from my Mexican Plantz eCookbook.
Find more recipes from Katie Mae at PlantzSt.com