Chef: Will Kriski
Makes: 10 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 c kale leaves, chopped
- 1 c frozen green peas
- 1 c of drained black beans
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 c frozen broccoli florets
- 1 t turmeric
- 2 T of sriracha sauce (warning: this is hot!)
- ½ c water
- 2 t vegetable soup stock powder or replace water with vegetable stock
- 4 c of cooked basmati rice
- Mix ½ c water and the soup stock powder and pour into to a large wok or deep sauce pan.
- Add in the chopped carrots and cook carrots until they are semi-soft using medium heat.
- Once carrots are semi-soft add the remaining vegetables, bean and peas cover and cook on medium heat until all veggies are soft. Make sure you check it often there should be some water/stock mature in the bottom of the pan if not add a little more water to cook the remaining vegetables. It is important to stir this dish often with a large spoon.
- Cook until all the extra water is mostly gone.
- Add 4 c of cooked Basmati rice.
- Add turmeric and sriracha sauce (here you have to use you taste I like it hot sometimes I add a little more than this).
- Stir until rice has a nice yellow color throughout the dish. I often add more sriracha to the plate for more heat.
To see more simple, quick & no-oil-starch-based recipes along with healthy weight loss advice, visit Will Kriski’s site www.potatostrong.com