PP: Healthy Artichoke Dip
Chef: Jessica Meyers Altman; Garden Fresh Foodie
Makes: 3 c
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 43 minutes
- ¾ c of cannellini beans, if using canned-drain and rinse, save the remaining to add into a soup, top a salad, or add to a sauce (you can also double this recipe)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼-1/2 t salt (start with less)
- ½ t ground mustard
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 2 c artichoke hearts (I used canned, rinsed and drained, but you can use frozen)
- 2 c packed spinach leaves
- ¾ c non-dairy milk, I used unsweetened vanilla almond
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place all ingredients into a blender, season with black pepper to taste. If desiring more chunk, don't blend completely, add enough "milk" to create desired thickness of dip.
- Pour into a small shallow baking dish (no need for greasing) and bake for about 30-40 minutes, until top has browned slightly. Can be made ahead of time and re-warmed as well. Don't cook fully if doing this, so you don't dry it out.
- Serve with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, or as a meal on top of a sweet potato!
Jessica Meyers Altman
Associate Professor of Whole Food Nutrition & Living
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
Garden Fresh Foodie blog: www.gardenfreshfoodie.com