Chef: Jill Ovnik-Keb
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 big bag of baked Tortilla Chips; no oil
- 1 can rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 medium can Mexican style corn, or use about 1 cup frozen
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped (opt.)
- 1 or 2 ripe red tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jars of mild (or medium) fresh salsa.
- Plant strong non-dairy oil-free cheese
- Black olives
- Pickled jalapenos
- Non dairy plant based no oil sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut or open the top of the bag of chips. Smash/crush the tortilla chips right there in the bag.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Make sure that all of the chips have moisture on them. If they don't, add another tomato, some veggie broth, tomato juice, V-8, salsa or water. You want a good coating of "wet" to your chips.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese if using. If not, perhaps a sprinkle of dried cilantro for color on top.
- Cover and bake for about 25-35 minutes.
Check out Jill's video & recipe resource at HealthyFactsInc.com. Her enthusiasm and passion infuses a plant based lifestyle with creative events like a "Walk on the Beach" retreat in beautiful South Haven, MI.