Chef: Will Kritis
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Times: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 c of flour (whole wheat, chickpea, your choice)
- 1 c water (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1 c breadcrumbs (brown rice panko if you want gluten free)
- ½ c of your favorite no oil, no high fructose bbq sauce
- Dashes of Tabasco (if you like heat)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into bite size florets
- Mix the flour, water or nondairy milk, spice and nutritional yeast by whisking until smooth and clump free
- Dip each floret into a bowl of bread crumbs and lay on to a baking sheet lined with Silpat non-stick sheet or high temperature tolerant parchment paper.
- Repeat until all florets are coated, breaded and put onto sheet
- Bake the florets until they are crispy and browned, about 15-20 minutes
- You can take baked florets and scrape into a bowl with more bbq sauce (with hot sauce if you want to add heat). Then re-bake another 20 minutes. It takes a while for them to crisp up again.
- If you don’t want to re-bake, just supply more sauce for dipping.
- You can also bake them without breading, if you like.
To see more simple, quick & no-oil-starch-based recipes along with healthy weight loss advice, visit Will Kriski’s site www.potatostrong.com